Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fuel pump

Having just gotten my 1932 sedan 614 home, I am trying to determine if AC 5671 is the correct pump for the 614. I found two halves lying on the front floor but former owner is throwing me by saying he had a pile of pumps.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan J5222

Re: fuel pump

Ha Norm check the tech page under moder improvements ie. fuel pumps.Hope this helps [THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

Norm:
The fuel pump should be the same as for our Frontenac. The numbers that we have listed in our records are:
New A/C # 3168

Old A/C # 9615

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Thanks guys. Put the pump lower half back on the motor and hand cranked the motor over. Pump acted as it should. Guess I have the correct pump but its a diaphragm to find now or fuel pump kit. Dykes manual calls it a B series pump. Should be same diaphragm as 30 / 31 Chevy I'm told. Next will be AC oil filter, for motor mounting, I used to be able to buy at the local Canadian Tire store.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan J5222

Norm:
Any 6 bolt AC fuel pump diaphragm will work. We bought a NOS 6cy Chevy pump from the 50's when we were in Wisconsin in the 80's and needed a diaphragm. Had to file off the rivet securing the diaphragm to the shaft, but the diaphragm was OK. Our 32 pump had the diaphragm secured by a threaded rod & nut.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club