Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bob Smith is in the Hospital

Bob Smiths wife Stephanie called this morning about our faithful member and now newly elected Secretary/ Treasure Bob Smith had 8” of his cancerous esophagus removed and two lymph nodes for safety this last Monday at Universality of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The operation ran over 6 hours and Bob is in a great deal of pain. He will be in for another 7 to 10 days depending on his progress. It was stage one so the good news is he is expected to be totally A-OK after recovery. It will be quit a long time till he can eat any solid foods. He never has smoked or his wife. He did retire from building in engines in Flint at the GM engine plant. Please pray for Bob and maybe send Bob a get well card at his home.
Now some good news and that is Bob Krause is really doing great and working on his 29 Model 63 everyday and calling me with questions and very happy. Also Mike Larsen is out and about driving around and he just boxed up and shipped me one of my 29 pinion gears I needed for my 29 Durant. So I’ll keep you abreast of Bob’s progress. Pray, pray, pray please. Thank you. Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Only 5 running ones now and many parts cars

Re: Bob Smith is in the Hospital

Talked with Bob last week and he said the operation would be a "cake walk" Doesn't sound like that from what Lance described. Bob organized our Annual Meet in 2000 without any help and did an outstanding job.
Please send him a get well card and remember him in your prayers.

Great to hear Bob Krause is doing well. He might appreciate a telephone call. Bob Krause was very instrumental in getting the DMAC up and going.

Re: Bob Smith is in the Hospital

I talked Bob Smiths wife this evening and got a update on his condition. He is still in the hospital and getting pain killers every 4 hours but making headway on the healing up. Not sure when he can go home yet.
Yes Yates Bob did a really great job on the annual meet and tour back in Flint. Interesting thing about Bob is he is so generous and kind. I noticed a sign in the antique Whaley House that Bob got us a tour in and it said so much for entrance but the lady inside it had already been prepaid. So I said to Bob hey you did not include this cost in our registration! And he said “oh well it wasn’t much so I just paid it my self”! That’s Bob through and through. He would not let the club pay him back for any of his copying or stamps or any cost he has incurred for being our club historian or store keeper of all our merchandise! A real keeper fellows. Please send him a get well card as he is going to laid up quit a while. He is very shy and keeps to himself but we all like to get a card. Thank you. Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Only 5 running ones now and many parts cars

The Durant Motors Automobile Club