Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wheel bearings

My rear wheel bearings are BAD. Have been able to find new ones. This is on a 25 Star model F. Does anyone know of a good part number or a source for these?

Re: Wheel bearings

Hi Eliot, Take one of your old bearings to any bearing supply company and they should be able to duplicate it.

I've got a 25 F as well. I'm trying to gather info on what was original to it. For example, the top two acorn nuts on the windshield post are nickel-plated but the bottom two are painted. What about yours?

Also, I'm trying to figure out what the door handles looked like. Mine has three different handles. Likeswise, I'd like to know what the saddles that held the top when down looked like. If you can, I'ds sure appreciate a picture or two. My e-mail is VOB_high@comcast.net

Of course, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Hello Eliot
There are still replacment bearings available, but
they are a little thinner so you might have trouble to set the backlash on the axleshafts since you will have to turn the adjustment nut in so deep that it might run out of thread. When I replaced my bearings I ended up making up two spacers to make up for the difference in bearing size.
I think the bearing brand to replace the original is Koyo and is a little expensive.
Regards
Franz

The Durant Motors Automobile Club