Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pictures of Canada Meet

I've just posted pictures from the Annaul DMAC Meet & Tour held in Fort Erie, Ontario. You can either click the 2006 meet button on your left, or access them from the Past events page. Please wait for tumbnail pictures to load, while they are small, there are 126 of em.

Rick

Re: Pictures of Canada Meet

GREAT PHOTOS sorry I was unable to attend.Looks like everyone had lots of fun.P/S.GREAT CARS.[THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

Great pictures. In one pic there is a steering wheel that looks like it had the horn button on the at the bottom of the wheel. After studying the picture it seems that the wheel is made to pivot upward.
Can you shed some light on this remarkable yet unusual wheel?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 d 65

These were known in the auto trade as "fat man wheels"
If you have ever tried to squeeze in between the steering wheel and the door post in a touring you will appreciate these wheels. There were two types made. One like Steve's, that slides up on the centre post and one that pivots near the top of the rim. Several manufacturers made them. I know of one chap that has a collection of about 100 of these wheels - all sizes and makes. My Dad had one on our 1923 Model T back in the 40's.
I don't know what happened to it.
Rick, those were a superb group of photos. You managed to capture the essence of the weekend. Thanks to all who participated.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

I've now update the picture Summary to read:

On September 21st-23rd 2006, the DMAC Annual Meet & Yout was held in historic Fort Erie, Ontario.

Two days of touring included a walking trip thru historic Fort Erie and an old school house, now a museum. We drove the local countryside and stopped briefly at Niagara Falls, at the end of the first day of touring we held our business meeting where Graham and June Mock received the Long Distance having traveled all the way from New Zealand. The second day of touring began with a touch of rain, but it didn't slow our group down, not one bit.

This wonderful meet was concluded with a grand dinner that included Stan Uher of Classic Coachworks as our guest speaker. You'll notice that many of our members came dressed in era clothing for the night. Final shots show everyone packing up and leaving for home.

Thank you Gord and your group for wonderful time.

Rick Botti

Rick great job on the Photo's of the Canada meet.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant 4 Dr. Sedan

Hi All.......

Thanks for the memories Rick, great job on the pictures.

If you have never attended one of these meets you don't know what you are missing.

See you all in Auburn, Indiana next Sepetember for the next National Meet hosted by the East Coast Chapter !

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? a Dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club