Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Pictures of Lansing Factory circa 1923

I've just posted 37 pictures of the Lansing Durant factory taken in 1923. These great pictures were given to me by Bill DeVries last week at the DMAC Meet and Tour. You can see them by going to the Special Interest section.

Thank you Bill

Rick

Re: New Pictures of Lansing Factory circa 1923

Rick these pictures are a time capsule. They answer a lot of questions for me on how things were done. There are a lot of untold stories in those pictures if only the people in them could talk.
Thanks for the walk through time
Lawrence

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 d 65

WOW.... What a great find.. Thanks Bill and Rick....
Would look great in a museum for all to enjoy.
Thanks again....

Yates

Hey Rick
I'm new to this forum and can't find the special interest section to view your photos. Can you give me a link?

I live very near the old Verlinden plant which is being torn down and am looking for historic photos of the plant and of my neighborhood.
It's sad they couldn't have restored at least a portion of the old plant considering it's historical importance to this city.

If you could please respond by e-mail at jgavril@msn.com

Thanks Rick
Jim

Where Are You From? www.sculpturebyjimgavril.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

I found the home page Rick and the photos.
Can you recommend a sourse for more of the plant and surrounding area?

Thanks
Jim
jgavril@msn.com

Where Are You From? www.sculpturebyjimgavril.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Kudos to Bill DeVries for sharing the pictures of the Lansing plant. It gives us some insite as to how these cars were assembled. Everything seemed to move by conveyor chains, tables on wheels, or cart of some sort. Interesting, the only crane looks like was a stationary crane from upabove in the second floor, see picture loading body on the chassis.Again, thanks to Bill for giving us a look into the past. Jim

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Great pictures,Thanks to all concerned for shareing them.
Regards Barry

Great pictures. I like the truck with the deer head. Obviously not Durant but they had to use a truck by another supplier.
Jan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club