Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC License Plate Topper

Well the new DMAC License Plate Topper was received fantastically at the recent National meeting. We must all thank Carol Fogarazzo for her and Larry's excellent contest winning submission. I took 25 with me to the meet and sold all but one the same evening they were introduced. When Rick gets back from the trip and back to the routine of things he said he'd post a picture of the emblem in the Durant Store area for all to buy. They are over 31/2 inches tall, in vibrant colors and on heavy brass metal. I have to place a new order in already and Rick wanted me to see how many wanted them so I could get an idea of how many to order for the next production run. No one is being held to the number but just post your name and how many you want, and I'll put the order in by the end of the week. It will take 10 to 14 days to get them in. They are priced at $20.00 each plus shipping. You can proudly display them on your car for sure!

Re: DMAC License Plate Topper

I'll take 2.

Dave

Put me down for one thanks
regards Barry

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Sorry
Put me down for 2.
regards RamiroPinto

Put me down for 2
regards RamiroPinto

I will take 3.

Thanks

Ricardo

One for me please

Mike

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star

I will take two
Jan

Do You own a car built by Durant? Star

I'll take two.

Frank

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1926 Flint E-55 Fouring

I could use at least 6 one for the front plate and the rear plate of my 3 finished Durant made cars. Will need more later of course. Thanks. Lance

Do You own a car built by Durant? 5 Durant made cars

I would like two, please.

Do You own a car built by Durant? \\'29 Durant 40 and \\'27 Star R cabriolet

Put me down for one.
Thanks Allen

I will take 2 of the license plate toppers.

Hi you can put me down for two.Thanks in advance [THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

HELLO CLUB FRIENDS,
I WAS AT THE CANADA MEET AND AM HOLDING THE TOPPER AS I WRITE THIS. IT IS REALLY A EAUTIFUL ITEM...WITH THE LARGE YELLOW GRIFFIN IMPOSED ACROSS THE DURANT STAR WITH THE RED CIRCLE HOLDING THE DMAC NAME AND DMAC IN LARGER SCRIPT ALONG THE BOTTOM. YOU WILL LOVE IT. I AM REQUESTING A SECOND ONE FOR MY OTHER DURANT SEDAN.
REGRADS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 - 1929 DURANTS

Mike,

Add one more to the list for me....

Yates

This scan doesn't do it justic, but you get the idea.
Rick

One topper please.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29 Model 60

OK Durantonians
I will place an order tomorrow and should have them in about 10 to 14 days. Rick has asked me to handle the sales for now, so I will let all of you know when they are in, and I'll be able to give you a better idea of what postage will cost etc. So just be patient and I'll post when you can start to send me your money.

I'll take two.

Gary Warden
Atlanta

You will not be sorry when you recieve these toppers... I am very impressed with the quality. Mike really outdid himself, and what an affordable price!... It was our pleasure to design them for the club.
BTW Gary... it is the Welsh dragon, not a griffin... I got his shape off an internet search.

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 75, 1927 Star M Touring

OK Durantonians, I have placed an order for 60 of the new license plate toppers, and have been advised that they will be in around October 11th. Rick has asked me to handle the sales for now until Bob Smith is feeling better so I will notify you when they come in and the price of shipping. I will also post the address of how and where to send money. As Carol Said, you won't be sorry, they turned out great. I'll keep you posted.

Hey Mike, put me in for one topper. Thanks, Jim

The plate does look brilliant. I was interested to see that Carol had based it on the Welsh Dragon - I should have recognised this but didn't, probably because the Welsh Dragon is normally red. However in Welsh mythology there was a long standing battle between two dragons - the Red Welsh one and an Anglo-Saxon (English) one, which was White. There are different views over who won (but Henry V11 did have the Welsh red Dragon amongst his standards when he took over the English, and Welsh, Crown in the 15th Century). The English and Welsh don't argue any more ..........., but using a yellow (Welsh) dragon was a safe, if probably unintended, move!
Mike

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star

Bob Krause would like (2) two toppers for his two Star cars. Relayed from the hospital. Thank you much.He is doing very well. Lance Haynes

Do You own a car built by Durant? 5 Durant made cars

In responce to Mike McDowell>>>

Welsh Dragon
I thought I would let you know why I chose to put the "Welsh Dragon" on both designs...
I have a copy of the Durant Standard from 1983.
The first page article was on "Frills and Decoration"
Here is a quote from the story:
Throughout Durant producion, a dragon appeared on the radiator emblem for all Durant cars and those after Sept. 1925 for Star. Now I've heard it called a lion, a griffin and more, but research shows it to have been a dragon, in fact, properly known as the "Red Dragon of Wales" or the "Welsh Dragon"
A griffin has the head of wings of an eagle, while the dragon is all dragon, with a long barbed tail and bird-like feet. The question of why Durant chose the dragon for his medallion may never be answered, but perhaps there is a little Welsh Blood in the Durant family tree. The design and choice of colors for the Durant crest also remains a mystery at this time, and research into heraldry books has turned up little information.

After doing a search for welsh dragon, you can clearly see that it is in fact a Dragon, This should clear up the Griffin terminology
_________
I made it yellow because I did not think it should be anything about english and welsh, and it just looked better nice and bright, and something all DMAC
Thanks for noticing, Mike

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 75, 1927 Star M Touring

Mike:

Any new about the DMCA license plate topper?

Best regards

Ricardo

Here's the latest on the new order for the Toppers. I placed the order for 60 toppers and unfortunetly there was a misunderstanding in the date of delivery. I read 10-11-2006 but being it is not America and it is made in another country, they place the day month second. So upon checking with them the delivery date is 11-10-2006. I have been gauranteed they will be here by then. Rick has asked me to handle the sales of these so when they come I will ship them out. If you would like to pre-order one, you can send $20.00 U.S. plus $4.05 shipping cost for up to three (3) toppers to: Patriotic Treasures Inc. 4250 Alafaya Trail, Suite 212-320, Oviedo, Florida. Or you can pay via Paypal to my business address which is sales@patriotictreasures.com . For shipping to countries other than the U.S. please email me and I will provide a more accurate shipping cost for you. This information will also be placed in the next Durant Partner also. If you have any questions just email me.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

mike, what is the zip code?...gary k

I'll be back home on Monday and will start to fill the orders for these. I will be able to get a cost of international shipping for these then. If you would like me to ship these to you with an invoice I can,just let me know via email what you would like to do.

PUT ME DOWN FOR TWO

The orders will start going out tomorrow. They are all packaged up and ready to go for those that have already paid. If anyone else on this list would like to order, I can send them with an invoice if you like. Just let me know via email. See the earlier instructions if you would like to pay via PayPal or via check or money order.

Mike

Mike,
Put me down for two of them.
Thanks,
Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring, '27 Star Coupe

My toppers arrived today....they look great. I cannot wait to put them on.

But I have a small problem, the three inch long screw is too short for me to attach the topper to the spare tire assembly!

Hi Mike,
Got my topper today and that baby is beautiful.. Everybody should have at least one. Money well spent. Thanks a million for making this item available...

Yates
Founder, DMAC

is there a problem with the web site i can not log on to the site?

Hi Mike
My toppers arrived today,is beautiful
Thanks

The Durant Motors Automobile Club