Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vee on Radiator

My '30 614 came complete with a large chrome vee attached to the radiator. It begins at the bottom, and each arm of the vee ends up at the top outer corner of the rad. I have seen examples of other Durants with this feature, but they seem to be few and rare. There is a '30 truck on the photo page from Australia. Any info on whether this indicates plant manufacture, etc, etc. would be much appreciated.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614

Re: Vee on Radiator

I bought a 1930 Durant with the "V' on the rad. Some restorers don't or didn't like the extra trim and left it off their cars. I liked the trim and bought the car partly because of it. I see it as a part of the change in car design from the flat front to the "V" nose . Maybe the photo section can give you some clues as to which factories included this [I suspect all] but it isn't on my 1930 sedan. You can tell which cars should have this trim by the rad shell shape around the edges where it was fitted.

Thought that the chrome 'V' was only on the four cylinder, but could be wrong.

i have a pic of a "v" car from 1930 6-14 i think...but mine didnt have the v back in1970"S
gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 - 1929 DURANTS

My car is definitely a 614 six cyl with the vee on the front, mileage is 32000

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614

The Durant Motors Automobile Club