Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
who is ebay bidder oldautos 653?

hey friends,
who is ebay bidder "oldautos"...i am bidding against him on durant items ...i would like to avoid increasing item costs if the club is going to benefit by his purchases....i am garallard... .gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 - 1929 DURANTS

Re: who is ebay bidder oldautos 653?

Gary,
I am quite sure that is Lance.

Yates

Gary. Yes my ebay handle is "oldautos" . What is your handle as I never bid against another known member. Later Lance

Do You own a car built by Durant? Down to 5 Durant cars now

Hello fellow club members, I feel it would be benneficial to all club members who bid on eBay to have a list of other club members handels. If this is acceplable to other club members. My handel is bruceofbothell.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1929 Durant model 60 DeLux 4 door sedan.

Here we have hupmobilebill...Bill

i am "garallard"....gary kauffman

i think mike linthicum..you must be "mlinth"

Mine is dbax47

I go by "tabbybo".
Thanks
Mac Irvine

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 Durant 40 and '27 Star R cabriolet

Maintaining a list of EBay handles is a good idea and other clubs not just car clubs do the same thing. Would someone be interested in volunteering to be the keeper of the EBay list? It could take some time in the beginning to put together,but would be a valuable asset to the rest of membership.

Rick

It´s a good idea. I think that will be great to invest some Club money to do an Intranet on line aplication under "members login"

a place were each member can actualize your e-bay information and check anothers member e-mail or phone

my e-bay nick is walterp3953

By

Do You own a car built by Durant? Touring M2 1928 and Touring M4 1929

Hey Rick
I volunteer to compile the list, if everyone will send me their Ebay name. I'll put it in Excell and then maybe we can put it along with the roster on the Members login page. Everyone can send me their Ebay name by clicking on the email link to your left of the forum screen.

Mine = deerfoot2
Good info to know (eBay handles). Club members bidding (or not) against each other may go only so far. Remember members put items up for auction also. Prices are determined by the market and who's willing to bid how much. Nothing is to stop friends from collaborating to see who wants something the most and deciding who will continue bidding. That only goes so far tho when something gets the eye of 3 or more and they go crazy. I've pulled out when I recognised a member before, but look out if it's a guage that fits only my car model. I bet most of us are the same mind and we can be courteous about it.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I am --pontiac839--dont do much but just in case --
I have a friend that bids for me under -yelkreb--
just berkley reversed

Ken

Mike.
Mine is oldcarnutz2. Notice it is nutz not nuts. Thanks for volunteering........

Yates

Mike,

My ebay handle is rbotti

Rick

My eBay handle is "curleddoc" I try not to bid against fellow club members. However, if it turns out to be a part for my car that I really need, I might contact you to let you know I need it.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Mike
Some people know me as flintauto. I bid on items of Durant interest every once in a while. Bob

Ok Guys so far I have 14 names, keep them coming.

You have all been a great bunch of guys. But on this issue I have a different opinion.

I don't mine if someone out bids me. I will not hold bad feelings against anyone who is willing to pay more for an item then I am willing to pay. And I hope that you don't have ill feeling toward me if at times I out bid you.

If we gang together it is NOT fair to the seller, nor the buyer. Certain Durant members might need, (or want), an item more than another. So lets be free to bid according to our desire without being fearful of hurting eachothers feelings.

Peace, Leonard

LEN,
POINT WELL TAKEN...BUT MANY TIMES I FOUND MYSELF INTERESTED ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS A DURANT RELATED ITEM..IF I SEE THAT ANOTHER DURANTONIAN IS BIDDING, I STOP IF I HAVE NO "PERSONAL" USE FOR THE ITEM....
NATURALLY, IF I TRULY NEED IT I WILL CONTINUE TO BID....I JUST DO NOT WANT TO CREATE AN "ARTIFICIAL" DEMAND FOR AN ITEM THAT IS NOT NEEDED BY ME BUT NEEDED BY ANOTHER. TO THE BENEFIT OF A STRANGER.

My eBay handle is 50fiat. I haven't bid on any Durant things yet, but who knows that tail light or horn just might come up.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star model f touring

My handle is Bazzer501 and I take the view that we all have the same chance to aquire an item wether for use or as a spare but if anyone in the club was looking for an item and I had it as a spare I would be more than happy to let it go to the guy who needs it for the same cost that I paid. I have had a lot of help in the past from guys in our club when I needed it and after all this is what our club is about, helping each other to rebuild these fine old cars. At least if the item stays among members we are more all more likely to have access to it should we need it ourselves.
Thats just the way I see it
Barry

Mine is Glenn3646 . Thanks for thinking of a list.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi everyone mine is number1wolfman0

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

better known as [THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Rugby model X and 1928 Durant 2dr coupe model D40

Since I have no clue how to purchase anything on ebay, I dont have an ebay name or handle.

charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

My e-bay name is gsoules. I do bid on a few things from time to time. I will watch out for your names also.

I have a 1926 Star Touring car in fairly good unrestored condition. I also have an older Star Touring car that is in real rough body condition but mechanically restorable.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Touring

In the past I used my personal email address in bidding on ebay, at some point ebay notifyed me for security concerns that I should use a different name or "handle" other than my email address when bidding on ebay....Would anyone know if there is a concern that we are linking our email address, our ebay name, as well as our personal names all on this one page that is open to the public? Bill

My handle is Antiquecar.
Jan Arnett

Do You own a car built by Durant? Star

bill
i would think you are opening yourself to a load of junk mail..offers you don't want and possible mail from foreign hustlers trying to defraud people in one of a million ways...ebay will not give out your email address directly and screens for the troublesome stuff
regards, gary k

Gary,
That was my point, ebay ask that I didn't use my personal email as a handle, I am wondering if it is of any concern that I have once again connected the dots when I previously posted my handle on our forum....Ebay does not give out our email addresses directly, but are we giving out that information? The Trollers are out there....Bill

Bill & Others,

Most emails that are retrieved from the internet, are done so by automated programs that scan WebPages for email addresses. So if you or anyone else types their address into the message box, it could be a target of such programs. However, this forum requires that someone first click the computer icon to the left before displaying it, this foils most automated programs.

Now there is an old trick to display an email that prevents those programs from getting your true address. It's really very simple, just add the words "nospam" to the beginning of your email, for example "nospam_rick@botti.us". Then when you need to use the address just remove the word nospam from the address. I can also delete your entry if requested.

Rick

Rick,
As always, thank you for the excellant job that you are doing for this great club, we appreciate it very much....Bill

My eBay handle is myl8gr858.

Mike: rather than making an excel list and mailing it out, perhaps Rick could add another page to the webpage that is for members only and put the list of handles there? Perhaps it could be a page that all members can write to after they login so only members eee it and members can keep their own eBay handle up to date, and then no one has to do a "paper chase" trying to keep the list up to date.

Great idea Bob, I'll send it to Rick to do that.

Bob, that's a good idea, but for right now I won't be able to help. In fact, this will be my last post for the next couple of weeks.

I'm in the process of a small remodel to my little condo and find myself packing boxes and moving furniture after I come home from the office every day until midnight. It's amazing just how much heavy stuff can occupy such a small place. My antique tube radio collection wieghts a lot and I forgot just how many I have until last night while I was packing them into a zillion boxes.

Anyway I've got to get this stuff organized, boxed and moved into my garage by Saturday morning. Then moved some of it back in after the new carpeting is done. So reading your posts is the only thing I'll have time for while I take my breaks.

Rick

Where Are You From? www.gmphotostore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=53217414

Ha guys how do you get into the members login anyway.[THE WOLFMAN].

I emailed that to you directly.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club