Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for headlight glass 9/38inches

if any one has a pair i am in need to finish my resto I would really appreciate any help as Durant is quite hard to find in Australia Many Thanks Terry Harris.

Do You own a car built by Durant? I am restoring a 1929D60 Tourer

Re: looking for headlight glass 9/38inches

Hi Terry, I'v got whole box full of lens's I'd be willing to part with. Send me an E-mail. I'll see if I'v got a fit...
Keith N

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 Durant

Kieth... I am also in need of a set of headlamp lenses to fit my modle 80 1927 Flint. I believe they took a pair of 91/2" Smith Lenses... both of mine are cracked in half. While your looking for Terry, could you posibly also check for me? I could e-mail you a picture of mine if it would be helpful? Thank you

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 7pass modle80 Flint

Hi Jim, it looks like most of the lens's I have are for 30-33 Durant or other makes of that period.
It seems to me that the Flint used a fairly large drum headlight. Are you sure of that size? I have friend who owns some cars of the early twenty's. I'll check with him and see what he says...

Keith N

Try contacting Larry Fogarazzo he has a large collection of lenses available.

Thanks Keith and Mike for your replys. I will get a hold of Larry when I get a chance. I'm pretty sure the 9 1/2" Smiths are correct for the 80 modle Flint. I believe I saw it somewhere in the web site tech pages.... there is a world of knowledge in those pages!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club