Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant auto used in the Movie Cinderella man?

We just watched the movie Cinderella Man on HBO saturday night. I may be on demand too, and should replay this tuesday at 8 pm. We noticed that when Russell Crowe goes to the Heavy Weight World Champion fight (at near the end of the movie) he is picked up in a what we think is a 1928 Durant ( big blue D emblem seen in shot) Noticed it two times. Looks like a black body with red stripes
Whos car was this???
Maybe a member??

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Re: Durant auto used in the Movie Cinderella man?

I watched that same movie last night on HBO and saw a white letter “D” on the radiator shell of that Durant car. So that makes it a 1929 car. I think some movie studio has a 29 Durant that they like as I have seen the same car before. Very interesting to see one of our Durant cars in a modern movie today. That was released last year. Great movie and is a true story of Boxer Jimmy Braddock of NJ and is on again this Tuesday out here on the West Coast on HBO Time Warner cable at 9:00 AM and 7:30 PM. No HBO then a DVD disc can be bought from Amazon.com for only $4.49 or VHS tape for 6.99. Really worth while great gripping 2&1/2 hour movie. Later Lance

Cinderella Man was made in Toronto. The supplier of cars was " Movie Cars". That would be Ron Fawcette. Ron got a lot of the cars from members of the Durham Region, Antique & Classic Car Club as well as from his own collection. Ron lives about a mile from me, so I'll ask him about that Durant. LATER!

Hello. If anyone would like a VHS HBO tape of this Cinderella Man movie that has a real good close up of the front of a real nice 28 Durant let me know and I will ship it to you free. I thought maybe people without HBO might like to see it. It is a really nice tear jerker movie set during the depression. I loved it. Maybe we could circulate it around with other members to enjoy. Let me know. Later Lance

The Durant Motors Automobile Club