Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Best Darn Club out there!

Big Thanks to Lance, Frank Witkowski and DMAC!

The Cumberland Museum is a small local museum in Ottawa which consists of about a dozen buildings from the early 20th century. The Museum is a recreation of a small Ontario village from the late 20s early 30s.

They have a 1929 Durant Model 60 which has been sitting in the "local garage" for years. The museum has wanted to get it running for parades and interactive stuff, but being a small local museum had no funds to fix it. Fellow member Steve Mercier donnated some elbow grease to get the car up and running but the carb had to be replaced...

I contacted Lance with this story and in no time Lance had located a virtually new Zenith carb that DMAC donnated to the museum. Frank had the carb and when he sent it to the museum he also included a bunch of goddies like documentation and ID plates.

The museum recently got the package and were very happy.

By the end of summer there should be a Durant being used in an interactive fashion at the museum thanks to DMAC.

We really have a great bunch of folks in this club...Way to go!

Stephan

Re: The Best Darn Club out there!

Hi Stephan. That is great news especially since it gets another Durant car running again. I do want to clarify something here as I didn’t have our club give away a fairly expensive Zenith carb. I am really not at liberty to do that with the clubs money. I actually bought it from Frank and sent it back to him and bought the newer bigger one he now has for sale. So the club has no money tied up in this gift. It was my own carb. I am very glad to help out such a great cause. Faithfully. Lance

Re: The Best Darn Club out there!

Hi Club Members.
If it wasn't for this great club, i wouldn't be restoring my 6-14 Durant. Thanks muchly. On another issue, my D65 has been plagued with over heating problems, especially pulling up long hills. The solution was simply shifting the number plate from headlight bar to a place not in front of radiator. The drop in temp was amasing, 20 to 30 deg Celsuis.Try it if your car is running too hot. Sid

The Durant Motors Automobile Club