Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of member Richard Bandel

It is with sad note that we are just finding out about the passing of the East Coast Chapter member Richard Bandel. Richard attended our first and second meeting bringing with him his beautifully restored grenn 4 dr 1928 Durant M2 that he cherished. He passed on May 26, in his sleep after battling Cancer. Please put his wife Carolyn in your prayers. We've lost a good Durantonian!

Re: Death of member Richard Bandel

I am very sorry to hear of Richard’s passing; I met him for the first time during the DMAC East Coast meet in New Jersey. I enjoyed talking with him and listening to his stories of how he restored his Durant. He came up with some pretty clever ideas that I’ve passed along to others since then.

My deepest condolences to Carolyn Bandel and her family,

Rick Botti

Richard (Dick) Bandel was the first person I met when we organized the DMAC at Hershey, Pa. in October 1998.
We were the first two that arrived and we met in the parking lot at AACA National Headquarters. We have lost a great member. Please send a card to his wife Carolyn.

Yates Milton
Founder, DMAC

I had the pleasure of knowing Richard for a short period of time. I first met him at the New Jersey National Meet.

Richard was a very friendly and generous man. Always willing to share his vast expertise and help out others.

He was one of the first members to respond when we were forming the East Coast Chapter. Even during his illness he attended the meets the last one being in Hershey in October.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and Carolyn.

You will always be remembered Richard........

Cathy and Frank Witkowski

Larry and I are so sorry to hear of this news. We consider ourselves lucky to have met Richard and His wife. My deepest sympathy goes out to all his family.
We have lost one of our own, a loss for our Durant family as well.

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

The Durant Motors Automobile Club