Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1923 A-22 Durant Help Needed

Hi All....

I need some info on this early car. Have found a 1923 touring car, will be going to look at it this comming week.

Any and all information that you can share with me?

The car is supose to be complete but it is not fully assembled. What should I be looking at as far as hard to find parts, completeness etc.

I have never owned an early Durant so all help would be appreciated.

The car is for sale so if I decide to pass on it is anyone else interested?

I will have pictures and other info next week if anyone can help.

THANKS!.......Frank ---

Re: 1923 A-22 Durant Help Needed

Hey Frank,

Looking forward to seeing those pictures...You will know more about the car after you have seen it, but look at the items that usually rust out first and they are usually the hardest parts to find, the 5 lug demountable rims, the gas tank, the bow pockets, the windshield frame...The front fenders are interchangable to all models of A-22 but the rear fenders are unique only to touring, you might look to see if the engine block has been cracked from freezing...Don't let some these things discurage you as you probably know it would be rare if it were perfict....Good luck, Bill

Re: 1923 A-22 Durant Help Needed

frank
I am curious about the A-22....let me know about it if you pass...gary k

The Durant Motors Automobile Club