Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pads for Female Part of Door Dovetail

I am having another NOS part made to add to my parts for sale list. This latest addition is NOS urethane pads for the female part of the door dovetail on many of our cars. They will cost $5.00 a pair which does one door plus whatever it costs to mail them. Let me know your needs.
Mac Irvine (jmirvine@golden.net)

Re: Pads for Female Part of Door Dovetail

These rubber pads(two per door)are used on the following cars: All closed body models of M, R, M2, M4, 40, 55, and 60.
The replacment of these parts will alleviate various rattles and help realign the doors to the body.
There is also a copper wear strip between the two pads that usually needs replacement and can be easily fabricated.
This part has never before been avaliable but, thanks to Mac, it is another desirable addition for our cars.
I've got my order in for 8 pairs.
Don

I have just finished replacing the dovetail guide pads in a '29 Durant 40 and a '27 Star, Model R. It has made a real difference in how well the doors close and the decrease in any rattles. I have these NOS pads available for $5 a pair (does one door). Email me or phone 519-821-2576.

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 Durant 40 and '27 Star R cabriolet

Just a point of clarification/correction - These parts are NOT old but rather are new stock....guess I should have called them NNS. Sorry for the confusion.

Do You own a car built by Durant? \'29 Durant 40 and \'27 Star R cabriolet

The Durant Motors Automobile Club