Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fan Belt

I am in need of a new fan belt for my 14L engine in my 28 Model 60. What is a good source for a new belt? Thanks.

Re: Fan Belt

Hi Al...........

A good source for flat fan belts are the new serpentine belts used on most newer cars.

A Good Auto parts store (NAPA) will have a list of sizes, just measure the distance around your pulleys and find an appropriate length.

Just don't tell them it's for a Durant or Star that only confuses most........

Frank

---

Al, Frank is right, but also tell NAPA the width of the belt that you would prefer. I found out that the best NAPA belt for my 28 M-2 that gives me the full one inch width is No. 070390. Fritz Kuenzel

Al, I forgot to add one word of caution. These new style belts are great and should last a long time, but unlike the old belts, they have little or no stretch to them. One should be carefull not to adjust them to tight for fear of overheating the fan bearing. Fritz

The Durant Motors Automobile Club