Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oakland Star Dealership Pictures Posted

The complete collection of pictures from the R.A. Doty Star dealership in Oakland, California have been posted. You'll find the link on the top of the Star Photographs page.

Rick

Where Are You From? durantmotors.org

Re: Oakland Star Dealership Pictures Posted

Rick,
Great job..........Great to have you as a Web Master and thanks for preserving just a little more Durant history. Man is this club fortunate to have you give your valuable time for such a great purpose.

Yates

Yates...couldn't have said it any better! Another well-done goes out to the man from Fremont(applause..)

Rick: That is a fabulous collection of pictures. Thank you for posting them on the website. Wouldn't you just love to have a brand new one.
Gord

Well yes we got the real deal here in Rick. Not only is he dedicated and talented and always updating and improving our club website but he works for free. And he is a super nice person and gets along with everyone. I just had a little old car chauffeuring website built just for me and it cost a lot plus ongoing fees to take care of it. There also is so much to learn off of some of these old neat authentic Durant Motors photos. For instance one of the Star cars had a grid assembly in front of the radiator shell and step plates and a curved windshield visor on a touring car! I also never have seen Durant made cars shipped out in the open like that with only a cloth tarp shown there on the railroad flat bed cars! A lot to learn. Great display Rick. You’re a keeper. Lance.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club