Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1925 Flint

I'm having a hard time finding any information on a 1925 Flint 2 door sedan. My parents have one and there is no info avalible on a 2 door. Any info or related sites would be a great help.
Thanks!

Re: 1925 Flint

You can check out Terry's site at www.durantcars.com which is on the Links Page. Any other questions you can email me at my email address.

Thanks, I have been to that site and there still isnt a lot of info for the two door model. My parents are interested in selling it, it does run, but needs some restoration. We cant find a value for it.
Most information that we have found has been for the 4 door model or the Durant.
Thanks again

Hello Michelle
I might be able to help you. If you have some pictures of the car, and/or motor# and car# it will be of great help.

Best Regards
Terje

I'm unable to send photos via e-mail, I will have to get a regular mailing address, I can send them out the first of this week.
The car model # is H
Car# l5554
Motor# 6W-4272
This Flint use to belong to the University of Portland, Iota Kappa Pi and was once referred to as "Higby". My parents have a old news paper artical with it dated 1957.
Thanks again!
Michelle

Hi Michelle;
Mike, Terje and Robert Smith are 3 of the most knowlegable people I have meet while investigating the Flint auto during the last year. This and the Durantcars.com site is also your best source of information. With the 2 pieces of information you posted(H and serial#), try going to Durantcars.com site and looked under the catalog section on the left and select Flint. Scroll down to the H40 modle and click onto 1925. This will give you several pieces of information that should help you identify your car.
If your still having a problem,post or send more information and I'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions.

Hello again Michelle.
The numbers tells that you car might be a late 1925 or 1926 Flint H-40, but if you have some picture and the article you told about it will be great to find out more about the car.
Best regards Terje

My mail adress is
Terje Bratveit
Eidsv. 29
4230 sand
Norway

Terje,

Hi, I will get the pictures in the mail today. Thank you for your help!

Michelle

Re: Re: 1925 Flint

I am in the process of restoring a very original '26 Flint sedan;unfortunately the wooden wheels have been stolen, and we have given up hope of recovering them. We do have the outside rims and tires, and the wheel bearings, and the set of bolts to bolt the spoke wheels to them. It seems at this point we must remanufacture the hubs, spokes and rim assy. I am hoping for help in the way of specs and drawings. (Any chance anyone out there has a set of wheels we can work from?)Thanks for any help. My phone# is (432) 386 2928.

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

To Ted Thayer: You may be able to find an interchange book going back that far. The 1930? Hollander manual was reprinted a few years ago. It would take me a week to find mine. There were only a few wheel companies, so chances are that they are the same as someone else's.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Ted,
For your Wooden Wheels:
There is a BIG Pre-War Swap Meet comming up near you at Chickasha Okalohoma on March 19-21, sponsored by the Old Pueblo Touring Association. Contact; www.pwsm.com

Eirst Go to this web-site, Flint pictures section and find a picture of your wheels that you had, copy it.

Next for the Wood Wheels you need, there are 4 numbers or Measurements required to have them fit your Rim/Tires (you already have!):

1st; Make a note of the number of Rim to Wheel hold on Bolts that are on your Rims. (4 to 6 are Common).
2nd; Measure inside your rim Diameter (probably 19" or 20" inches, I guess). This is the Wheel size you need (under it's retaining lips: Diameter).
3rd: Measure your Flat rim Width (probably 3 3/4" or 4 1/4" inches). The wheels you need will be about a 1/4" inch larger in width (or 4" to 4 1/2"inches inside the lips).
4th: The bearings you have will give you the Hub opening(s) and Spindle size (again in inches) that you need. Take them to the swap meet to Check wheels with.
With all of these 4 measurements and a Picture you should be able to get a complete set of Correct Wood wheels cheaply.
Hope this helps you.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile Brogham, 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Tsd,
One last thought; If you can definitely take a Rim/Tire with you. I have found that not All 19" wood wheels fit All 19" rims. So if you do a trial fit you will be sure before getting home.

Again hope this helps you.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile Brogham, 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Ted.... can you tell me the model and serial number of your Flint? Also the tire size and rim width and diameter?

If you go to the spring issue of the Durant Standard I listed the wheels, manufacture and size in my article. They are Hayes wheel and there are several options with different sizes. If you can not find it I can relist the sizes and other information.
Jan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club