Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RESTORATION FINALLY STARTED

HI GUYS,
WELL FINALLY MY 23 STAR TOURING RESTORATION IS IN FULL SWING.TODAY WE SODA BLASTED THE CHASSIS AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CONDITION OF THE STEEL IN THE FRAME.ITS LIKE IT JUST CAME OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE.THE ONLY PLACE WE FOUND ANY RUST IS ON THE RADIATOR SHROUD,ON THE BOTTOM,AND I AM LOOKING FOR ONE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET IT.ALSO THE KICK PANELS ABOVE THE RUNNING BOARDS NEED SOME WORK.BUT OVERALL I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE OVERALL CONDITION OF A CAR THAT IS 83 YEARS OLD.I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR THE SMALL SPRING CLIP THAT IS BEHIND THE THUMB KNOB THAT TIGHTENS UP THE FRAME ON THE CONVERTIBLE TOP.I WOULD SURE APPRECIATE ANY HELP IN FINDING THESE ITEMS.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
ED

Re: RESTORATION FINALLY STARTED

Howdy Ed,

As I recall on my '23 Durant Touring I used the Model A thumb nut (prop nut) and the Model A prop nut tab lock washer, the bolt thread is 7/16"-14 and the tab locks are stainless....If this is what you need most model A suppliers will have them or lebaronbonney.com is a good web source, good luck with your restoration....Bill

Re: RESTORATION FINALLY STARTED

Congratulations Ed on getting your restoration in full swing. It sounds like you're off to a great start, I hope to see some pictures from you that we can post on the Current Projects page.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club