Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant 614 Parts

i have a 1930 Durant 614 coupe
- Parts Needed -
Windshield frame, trunk lid/ deck lid/ rumbel seat lid
- parts for sale or trade for parts above -
front and rear fenders, inline 6 & Trans, Rear Axel, and much more...call or e-mail me for more info. my name is Levi phone:2097772169 , Email: levi@evil1customs

Where Are You From? www.evil1customs.com

Re: Durant 614 Parts

i also have 5, 6lug 19 inch wire wheels
check out the link
http://www.evil1customs.com/durant/1930_durant_614.htm

the wheels are sold

I do have the fenders, inline 6 & Trans, Rear Axel, and much more..

Updated Parts Page new pic's the wheels and the rear fenders are SOLD more parts to be added soon. check out the link below

So,,,,are you building a street rod?

distruction of yet another Durant that was in nice shape.

It sure bothers me when someone takes a rare car like a Durant product and butchers it to make a hot rod out of it. There's plenty of model T's and A's out there as well as repro bodies to do that with. Its truly ashame! My two cents worth.

Hi. Its a shame that a complete looking car is parted out, but those parts may be what other restorers have been looking for for years. These parts could possibly put many more 614's on the road.
Sid

Yes you could be looking for parts for years. My former 1930 6-14 still hasn't the parking lights for the fenders since I bought it 1962, just the two light bulb stubs, but to destroy a complete car for one part just isn't justified nor sanctioned by most car lovers. So the fenders bent, the hub cap is missing or a hundred other excuses. It doesn't have to be mint, you can still drive the car for you and others to enjoy it. Who knows who will see it and say they know where a part is. Been there over the years and turned up parts or cars, that way. There are parts all over the place for Durant products sitting on shelves, in fields waiting to be found or repro if you can afford them. Was e-mailing a lad in eastern Canada whos chopped and channeled a Hudson coup, destroying that for future generations and now destroying a 32 Ford. You can buy repro T and A everything to do whatever you want with it.
Sorry its a very sore subject.

I understand wear you guys are coming from I thought long and hard about this project. I believe everyone is entitled to there opinion. Out of respect to those who restore Durant’s I felt it would be best to offer up the parts to the guys who could use them. I feel that would be better than throwing them in a scrap heap or taking the parts to the swap meet to make a quick buck. I have posted this sale ad on Durant sites to give the guys who take great pleaser and pride in restoring these cars a chance to pick up some hard to find parts or spare parts. I do admire those who can spend years restoring a car back to its original state but im just not one of those guys sorry. In my opinion this car was not restorable. In most cases guys who build hot rods take those 80, year old parts and just throw them in the scrap heap. Be thankful im not like that and just pass on the word that these parts im offering need to be rescued. I mean no disrespect by posting this reply I just felt the need to voice my opinion. As my grandpa said “no vintage parts should go to waist”

I guess your right Levi, better provided to someone who can use them than just scrap them. And it is a coupe which is the most prevalent model still out there of the Durant make. All of us in the club do appreciate the thought your doing more than most would. I admire hot rods and customs and appreciate the hard work and $ that goes into making them. Most times much more money is spent making a custom than it would cost to restore an old car. I know here in Florida I attend custom rod shows and admire the work and effort just as much as I go to antique car shows. Again thank you for offering these parts to the members.

Yes its better the parts be saved rather than going to scrap. The car appeared restorable with little effort. I've seen a lot worse brought back. That had paint, we deal in rust 1st and hope to find paint.
Mike where are all these coups ? All we seem to have in Ottawa and Valley is sedans and more sedans, 4 or 6 cyl. One roadster built from parts of sedans with Chevy bits as well.

Hi guys, i read with interest the differing opinions on this subject. As a guy with a Durant my first reaction was one of despair but when you look to the reasoning of Levi you have to say he has at least done the right thing in giveing other guys a chance at these parts.I guess because we all hold dear the idea of preserving these wonderfull cars it comes hard to us when one potentialy disappears.Not everybody shares our interest or enthusiasm and so I guess we have to accept that this kind of thing will happen but at least if both sides can benefit from the deed then better that than the alternative.I guess its what you call a compromise. Levi I am on the other side of the fence but thanks for the consideration I am sure someone out there will benefit.
regards Barry

I want to thank Levi for this approach on his project. The man in Minnasota with the 32 DeVaux Custom sedan can use the 22A engine, transmission and probably some brake parts. I called Levi today and we will work out the details in the next few days.
Gary

i have added more parts to my web page please check it out. Thank you

http://evil1customs.com/durant/1930_durant_614.htm

This Levi guy is saving the day for me by selling off not needed 30 Durant parts. He also was very reasonable on the price and went to a lot of work wrapping up large heavy items like bumpers and the cover over the gas tank and has already shipped them out to me. He has been very nice to deal with also. Like Rick always says he loves a happy ending and so do I. Later Lance

I still have some 30 Durant stuff to get rid of. The Front Fenders MUST GO i know the pic's make them look very rusty but there pretty soled a lil ruff but soled.. check out the link below for Pic's

P.S. Thank you to all the members of this site that have purchased parts form me and helped me with my project. Thank you all

Where Are You From? www.evil1customs.com/durant/1930_durant_614.htm

Hi guys,
Yes, those parts can and will help to put more 614's on the road. On the other hand they could have been most of another one themselves. The argument that he is freeing up more parts is both true and untrue. Of couse we could rod a few more Durants and free up some more parts. Anyone in favor of that? So his saving grace is that he didn't destroy a whole car - just half of one. And one may call his offering to sell us parts that he doesn't need as generous but it is easier and more efficient to sell things like this to a club audience than to haul them to many swap meets. And the proceeds will come in handy financing cutting discs, torches, and Chevy parts. I have seen a stock serviceable original and driveable Model A get turned into a rod -recently. I personally don't like this sort of thing, but let's keep things in perspective.
The truth is that Levi's car is just like a lot of cars that have been produced and used. They are just transportation appliances which by this point in time should by rights have been scrapped long ago. They are nothing worthy of worship. Just old cars, that's all. If we are going to get worked up about something then let's get worked up about something more worthwhile - there's not small list to choose from. I have seen this hobby bring out the best and worst in people. People offering help and encouragement and I have litened and watched as years ago people would approach me and my motley old model T and proceed to tell me everything that was wrong with it - as if I didn't know already. With help like that . . . and what a delightful way to spend an afternoon. It almost put me off of the hobby forever.
So let's acknowledge that Levi is doing what he is doing - and is using up some of his parts in the process and is doing it nothing immoral and to some degree is being helpful to the rest of us. Even though the media and others always seem these days to be stressing our differences we need to stress what we have in common sometimes, too.
Now what burns me are these people who chase estate sales and pick up cars for a song - don't have any interest in the hobby or know anything about the the cars, but they then mark them up considerably from what the paid for a quick profit. Thanks for listeneing to my rant. Hal Vandevord

The Durant Motors Automobile Club