Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crown Wheel & Pinion set for Durant D66 (1929)

Looking through the Forum and in particular Curtis Smith's enquiry re Crown wheel (Diff Ring Gear) and Pinion sets (Dec,20 05) I would like to follow up the leads mentioned in replys. My ratio should be 3.9 which is the 10 teeth pinion and 39 teeth ring gear. I currently have a 4.4 ratio most likely due to an earlier failure in the life of the car.
Lance,
Would you have the above matched 3.9 ratio (Warner Diff WX552 or Wx553 which was fitted to M2, M4, 40, 55, 60, 63, 65 and 66 models) or higher 3.7 from a 11 Tooth pinion and 41 ring gear from a model 70, 75 or 617 in reasonable condition. Alternatively an old worn set that may be used for pattern to have a new set made either here in Melbourne or by the the gear maker mentioned by Mac Irvine.
Also if Mike Larson reads this he might indicate if I am due to renew subscription. I have a feeling I may be due but there was some overlap last time I paid.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club