Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
December club magazine

Hello everyone. Poor Bob Krause (84 years old) just North of me up in Long Beach Ca. just called and said he finally got all the mailing labels attached and all the right postage on all the magazines and Mike Larsen’s dues renewal envelope inside with 3 seal tabs on the edges to keep the envelope from falling out. Now he will take them to his post office near his house Monday. It says on my calendar that Monday is Presidents day a holiday. O man. This poor magazine started out with a lot of people sending in there quarterly items late and then Rick gets the disc from Jacki and he ads the cars on the outside and does his article and he got sick and backed it up some them our printer moved to “Upland Ca. up near the Roy Rogers museum and he was slow getting it printed. It cost us one day when he was calling me and I was gone and Judy Woodard’s membership disc had over 700 + members on it. OOPS. So I said forget printing the name and address on the out side when he runs the color. He also didn’t get paid from the last magazine cause he sent the bill to the editor. Another OOPS. I finally charged it to one of my credit cards to get things rolling and then Krause and I decided to drive all the way across LA and pick the magazines up but Bobs old car is not freeway worthy so he waited another day for his Motel “T” buddy to drive him up there over 100 miles round trip in his new car. After Bob Porters case of Gillis magazines and numerous other stuff getting lost in the mail we decided against any shipping of them to Krause plus waiting for him to box them up and addressing the box etc. We put up with this printer as he is doing a complete magazine for $1.00 each. Bargain price. So we are very very sorry for this December issue getting out so late. We are shooting for the March issue to reach everyone in March. Faithfully. Lance
PS Don Shilling showed up here bright and early this Saturday from Texas with a helper and hauled off a full truck load of Star parts. Bless his soul. A lot of driving.

Re: December club magazine

Good new. Bob Krause called today and aaid all the magazines are in the mail. Bless his heart. Later Lance

The Durant Motors Automobile Club