Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hemmings Classic Car - April 2006

Just finished reading the article on the Durant 6-14 in the April issue Classic Cars. You will probably enjoy the article and the magazine. Thanks to David Adolphus and Hemmings Motors for letting the public know that there were automotive pioneers other than Henry Ford and that most of the others owe much of their success to Billy Durant.

Yates

Re: Hemmings Classic Car - April 2006

I just got my Hemmings Classic Car in yesterday, and I agree with Yates. The article was excellent and gave a good background of ole Billy. It's always good to see Durant automobiles being featured in a great magazine.

I was excited to see the article...about a car from the original durant club roster yet....it was excellent information and had beautiful quality pctures ...it is a great magazine and the author did a fantastic job....gary k

One thing I forgot to add. I asked if they would put a notification of our East Coast Chapter Spring Meet in the Car News under Club Calendar. It is on page 12.
I think the DMAC should post all upcoming events in Classic Cars and other publications. Thanks Dave and Hemmings.........

Yates

My copy of Classic Car arrived yesterday, and I took the time to read the article on the Durant......FANTASTIC.....now more people will know what those of us that own Durants already know.

I really enjoy reading that magazine, and the drawings of the cars are most impressive showing the details of the car.

charlie

Finally got my Hemmings Classic Car magazine yesterday! Yes that was a great article and great pictures of one of our member’s cars. Mike Larsen told me he has ridden in that car years ago on a Gillis tour. Interesting how Durant Motors kept changing everything while they were having so much financial trouble at that time. Here is a 614 but with a different no spear hood and has the 619 exact same dash with round knobs and the older type two bar bumpers instead of the 1931 619 car with a wider single bumper. Also going back to 1929 with the same shutters in front of the radiator. All new radiator shell too. Not the same as the 1930 614 or the 1931 619 shell that actually has a V grill. Also something else I noticed is this car has 12 spoked wood wheels while all the 1930 wood wheeled cars I have seen and have here are 10 spoke wheels. This 619 I have is from the same factory as well! I pretty sure the writer has it wrong that only the deluxe car got a windshield visor and windshield wiper. All the standard Durant cars I have had and still have all had a visor and windshield wiper! But three cheers for Hemmings for giving us some exposure. Long overdo. Lance Haynes.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club