Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DURANT RUGBY AT AUCTION

THE OLD CARS PAPER OF FEBRUARY 2 ON PAGE 19 HAS A DURANT RUGBY 4 DOOR PHAETON 1 OF 16 SOLD AT THE RUPP FT LAUDERDALE AUCTION OF 1/16.THE CAR IS LISTED AS # 2 CONDITION AND SOLD FOR $25.500.00,THAT IS AMAZING!!!

Re: DURANT RUGBY AT AUCTION

Eddie
I oftne watch the Barrett-Jackson auctions on our Speed Channel and am amazed at the prices they get for their cars. Obviously either some people fall prey to the auction fever, or they have more money than brains. They had a 69 Camaro with 11,000 documented miles on it, but nothing else out of the ordinary that went for $240,000.00. Right now the late 60 early 70's muscle cars are real hot particularly the Mopar products with the 383 and 440's in them they are really going for high prices. But unfortunetly our 20's and 30's cars are not going to fetch anywhere near that. Not enough horsepower for most of us baby boomers. That was really fantastic that that prices was obtained. A fool and his money is soon parted! Just like the two Durant products that are now listed on Ebay. The Duran coupe on Ebay which is in San Diego, and the Star Mail Truck. The Coupe has a price of around $50,000 listed and the Star has a starting price of $40,000. I'd be really surprised if they get that! I think sometime people just pull a price out of a hat and say "well if some fool is willing to offer me that, then I'll surely take it".

I just have to ask this question. I spent 10.500 Canadian Dollars for my 1928 D65. I bought it from my uncle who I might add is a mechanic for over 60 years. He put in new clutch and tires and a lot of work to tidy up an older restoration. I drive this car every summer to excercise it only. My plan is to repaint the car as soon as I have time as that is all that it needs except for some minor interior work. I couldn't be happier with my investment. My question is did I pay a good price?

Lawrence, My opinion is that if You're happy.....you made a good deal.

Dave

I agree with Dave. It really doesn't matter what you paid for the car. Is it what you want, and are you happy. Most of the old car fraternity have more tied up in their vehicles than they could recover. I know of one man that spent over $50,000 dollars Canadian to restore a vehicle that on the open market would bring less than $20,000. The reason - It was the car that he and his bride borrowed to take on their honeymoon about 50 years previously.
Gord

The Durant Motors Automobile Club