Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Star Coupe and A-22 Sedan Project

I have two Star M coupe projects in progress. One belonging to Butch James is a ’26 and mine is a ’27. Both have been previously attempted to restore. We have enough parts to partially complete both but not enough parts to build one car. In addition, the wood work has been mostly replaced and is not worth saving due to poor joinery, misalignment, and choice of materials (pine).
Therefore, I’m looking for a Star M or R coupe, original, un restored, and complete to research and measure to build the previous two. Engine, transmission, and running gear need not be present.

I have a Durant A-22 sedan body in very good shape to sell or trade. It looks to have been driven carefully and well maintained for a period of 10-12 years and then retired to dry storage. I believe it to still have the original paint and upholstery. There is no impact damage, previous repairs, or rust thru. Other parts from this car are also available. This would make a perfect project for someone building this car but having poor sheetmetal.
Pics can be seen at:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/devaux/dmac/for%5Fsale/index.html
Please email me at the listed link or at dbax@intergate.com or call 903-793-8307. (Texarkana, Tex) for more info.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club