Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2006 Dues

Can we still pay our club dues via Paypal? If so, where is the limk?
Thanks,
Don

Re: 2006 Dues

Don if you go to the Durant Store section on your left and then go to the bottom of the page, you will see the dues renewal area.

Think about a life membership....no more dues then.

charlie

If I did that, and with my luck, I'd croak next week!

Just make sure you write the club into your will. No body else will want your junk. Just ask my wife

OOOOOOOOOOW! by the way, how did that old scrap fender, that I gave you for your Star, work out??

Don

If you croak next week then the club has some of your money. That is a good thing.

charlie

how much is the life time dues? thanks jeff

Jeff,

LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS - One time payment
70 & over . . . . . . .$250
50-59. . . . . . . .$550
Under 40. . . . . . $750

Rick

Is 60-69 Free????

Good catch Don,

Here is an updated chart.

LIFE MEMBERSHIPS
70 & over...............$250.00
60-69....................$400.00
50-59....................$550.00
40-49....................$600.00
under 40................$750.00

Rick

Hello all. Life memberships are a good deal for the member’s and the club. First of all it eliminates all this forgetting to pay our dues on time. The next thing is you live a while and the dues continue going up they are a really good deal. And last but not least it does show your support and belief in our club. All sound old car clubs have these life memberships available. I bought the first one for $400.00 to mainly show my belief in our great club and help finance our club. Come on fellows step up and buy yourself a life membership. Every year I get a list from Mike Larsen on unpaid dues in the middle of year. I call most of them and hear so many stories. Go DMAC go go. Later Lance Haynes

Can someone tell me when dues are due (excuse the pun)
Is it the jan of each year.
Regards Barry

Dues are due 1/1.

I also purchased a life membership. I looked at it from the perspective of dividing the annual dues into the life membership fee. In the long run, the member is ahead of the game with a life membership. I would encourage anyone that is committed to DMAC to get a life membership.

I intend sometime this year to get life memberships for my grandchildren, and hopefully the DMAC will be around for them when they get older.

charlie

hey....hello,,just returned from knee surgery today,,,,,how much are dues and who gets them....gary k

Life memberships can be a curse for an association or club. As long as the life memberships are invested wisely and there is enough interest earned in the Life Membership account to actually pay to the General Funds the Life memberships are good for the club. If the Life membership money is spent, and there is no interest to go to general funds, then the club in effect has fewer members, but the same costs. It can be a very slipery slope. I know one association right now that has had to go back to its life members and ask for a donation to keeep the organization afloat. The other thing that can cause a problem is when Dues are increased at greater than the cost of inflation and its resulting increase in interest rates. I personally do not think that Life Memberships are a viable way for a club to operate. Strictly from a financial angle.

Something I have asked about before, any chance that we can get confirmation that a membership payment has been received? Paying online can have it's problems.

I realize this is an extra job for someone, but if an email address is available, just a simple "dues received" from DMAC would do the job.

RonJ

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Well well lets not be to pessimistic here now. I happen to have life memberships in all kinds of clubs and have never had any trouble and have never in my life even heard of a problem with any life membership. Some facts here that could change the odds here are there is a whole bunch of us really dedicated and faithful hard working Durant club members that I firmly believe would never let any harm come to this most historic and exciting and successful club. There are a number of us members in the background that has personally donated moneys just to increase the annual pay for a steady long-term magazine editor. As a mater of fact not one of the members that I have ask to join me in a special contribution has turned me down. Just like the museum fund we started. I have asked a number of our members to donate and usually they all do. We have over $8,000.00 in the bank and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise in our club store all paid for. Also we just happen to have Mr. William C. Durant that started GM and Chevrolet as the reason for this club. Historic! I guess. Try and match us. Ha. I also just finished making out a new will and I’m leaving all my Durant cars except my 29 Durant and parts and literature to our Durant club. I have the faith. Lets all keep the faith. Join up now and buy a life membership. Faithfully.
Lance Haynes
President Durant Motors Automobile Club

Had the fender dipped and it looks great.
Thanks
Jan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club