Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The New Year 2006

Happy New Year fellow Durnatonians! First I'd like to wish all of you the happiest, wealthiest and most important healthiest New Year. Second I'd like to say may this year find you finishing that Durant project, finding that hard to find part and becoming more active in your Durant automobile club.
This year is an important one coming up for us as we have an election for club officers this fall, as well as several Chapter get togethers in some fine and great places as well as our National hosted by our Northern friends in Canada. If you haven't been to that area of Canada yet where the National will be held, try early to clear your callender, and save up your pennies to go. Even if you don't think you can hall your car that far, make sure you drive or Fly in. The US members can get flights to Buffalo New York, where it is a short drive to the meet. The area is beautiful and your only a hop skip and a jump away from the famous Niagra Falls. What a chance to plan a second Honeymoon at the Honeymoon capital of the world! If you've never attended a local chapter meeting or the National, you owe it to yourself to try and attend one of these. The expertise that shows up at these meetings on your car, just might help answer that hard question that you've been trying to find the answer to as well as the valuable friendships you take away from the meetings. Believe me your not alone in your restoration problems, there is probably someone out there who has had the same problem and solved it in the past or found a better way to do something.
Also if all goes well, we will see the DMAC incorporated as a Non-profit and designated by the U.S. Confernal Revenue Services as a 501(c)3 organization, which means that any donations received by the club will be tax deductable both money and items.
Don't forget to send Rick your car photo's either completed or in progress, and remeber we have a contest going till spring on the new club Radiator or licence plate topper emblem for the club. When the winner has been selected we will have these made in metal and closonne for you to place on your car to show your a member of the best car club around.
No, in my previous life I was not a Durant car salesman, but I know what being a member of the club has done for me in making great new friends and I know what getting involved will do for you. Again, a very Happy and great motoring year!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club