Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trunck lid, wind shield frame

I have a 1930 Durant 614 and all I need is a trunk lid and windshield frame. Is it possible that I could use the wind shield frame and trunk lid off other makes of cars??
Any info would be great thank you

Re: trunck lid, wind shield frame

Hi Levi. Bad news on our 30 and 31 Durant cars. No older Durant or Star parts fit on a later Durant car. Also the 30 and 31 cars do not have a windshield frame, as we know them. There is three special U-channels that pond on the glass (one on the top and one on each side) with an insulter rubber/cork material between them and the glass. The 30 and 31 cars windshield lifts up and down in cloth lined rubber U-channels available still brand new from Steele rubber company by a set of gears and a crank above the steering wheel. I don’t have any of those extra parts either. Sorry. 75% of our members do not have a computer so the best way to get our cars parts are joining our great Durant Club and put all the free ads you want in our great award winning color cover club magazine. Join up now and let the fun begin. Only $30.00 a year. Good luck. Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club