Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cluch maintenance issue

Does anyone know how the Clutch release bearing connects to the Hardy
joint in a 1927. Durant Rugby?

Where Are You From? www.antiqueauto.hu

Re: Cluch maintenance issue

i dont know but i will craw under my 1927 star and see if i can figure something out if it is the same, when i get a chance, i also know someone near by that has 3 star cars with more knowlege i will try to get ahold of him and ask. will, try to help not guranteed i will come up with anything right away.

Hi. I have a 29 rugby, I don,t know if its the same as the 27 but mine is in a kind of sleeve that slides over the shaft. the bearing is pressed into the end of the sleeve. Its a bit like on the ford modle A but a smaller version. I suspect this may not be original and may have been adapted at some stage but I am not sure. It works fine and I recently had the clutch relined so had it apart then. If it would help at all and you can't get a better answer let me know and I will take a photo and mail it to you.
Regards Barry

Thank you very much. A picture or a drawing would be great. I uploaded some car picture to my website www.antiqueauto.hu... it may help.

Where Are You From? www.antiqueauto.hu

The Durant Motors Automobile Club