Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spark plugs?

My 1930 4-07 Durant has AC 78S spark plugs in it. They cross reference about three times to come up with a current plug and I'm not too sure about that!

Can anyone give me a plug number, Champion or AC, which is current and will do the job in my W-8??

Thanks ... RonJ

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Re: spark plugs?

Hi Ron...

Your Model 407 four cylinder should take a Champion plug like the Model A Ford The old Champion number is W-16Y the new number is 561

The Motorcraft number is TT 10

If you can't find them localy I do have both of them in stock

Frank ---

I think the original plug was a Champiom C-4. It was the kind that you could take a part and had a brass cap over the end of the top the porclain at the spark plug wire end. Sometimes you can still find these at flea markets.

Bob

Hi Bob...

The old take apart style Champion plug is still available. Mostly just used for show cars because of the cost.

I do keep these in stock if anyone is interested....

Frank ---

Steve Mercier picked up some plugs for me.

Thanks for the input!!

RonJ. ..

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

star 4 cylinder w 18 champion avalible at napa, right ones.

Crusing this site I see info on Ron's 407 orig had C4 Champion's.
What would 22AA 614 have for the 32. I found some Champion 7 and 7a's in the pocket behind the seat that will never see a motor again, but the car has Autolight Transport BT8's in the head presently and been there over 45 yrs I assume. I assume Chanp 7 was the 6 cyl version ??

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan J5222

Hi Norm:
The Champion C7 is the old original. You can also use Champion D16 which I believe are still available.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club