Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Blast from the past...

I went to our local car club meeting last week and a fellow member gave me a copy of November-December 1976 Antique Autombile Magazine.

A large part of this magazine is dedicated to Durant cars. Included are articles by Jeff Gillis about Durant and about his 1930 6-14, an article by Lynn Meeker's 1930 Coupe and an article about Bert Ruys' 1929 D60 located in the Netherlands. There are alot of nice pictures as well.

We have a picture of the D60 on our website but does anyone know the stories of these cars in the past 30 years?

Stephan

Re: A Blast from the past...

I tried tracking down the Netherlands Durant, but didn't find anything.

Rick

Lynn Meeker was from Michigan and was one of my original Durant club members. He had that beautiful coupe that I think was a cream color with darker highlights. He was a "Glenn Mitchell Manuals" sales rep.. His brother lived around the corner from me back in the seventies and I recall meeting him during one of his visits. Most of the members were mail and/ or phone friends. He died a while later but I don't know what happened to the car.I think it went to a relative. Jeff Gillis was an original club member also. Everyone knows his story. His car now belongs to Dave Schulte of Sperry, Iowa and is being restored.

Lynn had two Durant autos, when Lynn Meeker passed away his son had them for a short time but both have since been sold. Bob

The car mentioned in the magazine was Jeff's 30 614 Coach. It is now owned by his son Jeremy.

Dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club