Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone good friends or in contact with Eileen Gillis?

I was wondering if anyone in the club was close to or still in communication with Eileen Gillis? I've sent several letters to her but have not gotten any responce. I understand that Jeff had a copy of a film that was from the Kraven Foundation in Toronto showing the making of Durant Automobiles. I would like to get a hold of a copy of that film.

Re: Anyone good friends or in contact with Eileen Gillis?

Mike. Get a hold of club member Dave Schulte. He goes over there and just recently bought or is at least working on Jeff’s 30 Durant roadsters. His E-mail is schulte3@mepotelco.net . His land line is 319-985-2535 in Sperry, Iowa. He is a good guy. I sell him parts and he has about the largest collection of Durant literature that I know of. A lot of us would love to see that film. Good luck.
Later Lance Hayne

While we are talking about Jeff Gillis, I wonder if his 1930 Durant 614 coach, is still around and I would like to see pictures of it. I have a Cars and Parts book dated Feb. 1976 with a picture on the cover of Jeffs car. Does his wife still own it? if not who might be the current owner?

I saw the filn your talking about Jeff had shown it to me was very interesting to watch.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club