Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC East Coast Chapter Hershey Meet

Just a quick note on for your East Coast members who could not attend the meeting. This was my first Hershey experience, and for those of you that have never attended I must say that it's a must if you are restoring a car. If you can't find it at Hershey, I doubt you can find it anywhere. There had to be well over 2000 venders selling everything you can imagine. The weather was OK on Wednesday and Thursday, but ufortunetly the remnants of the tropical storm came in on Friday and Saturday and dumped a steady sometime hard rain on the show. I saw plenty of Durant, Star and Flint hubcaps, several radiator badges, I understand one Canadian member found a rear fender and bought it for $20. No Durant products in the Car coral this year. Friday's meeting had approximately 18 attending which was great considering the foul weather that night. A full report and pictures will be in the next newsletter that will be sent out in the next few weeks.

Re: DMAC East Coast Chapter Hershey Meet

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the report.. Hate the Miltons' were unable to attend. Like you say if you have never attended the AACA Fall Meet in Hershey you need to go at least one time and let the bug bite you. The bad weather has been known foul up the show. Now at least the streets are paved in many locations. Even though it rained I wish we could have atrtended.

Yates

hey yates,
don't feel bad about not being at hershey...we needed someone to talk about....i missed you most....but hope to see you before long....i got a durant 1929 d-63.....and also a lead on a 1930-31 sedan in poor condition....hope you stay well....gary k

WOW ! !

What can I saw. We had a great time. Good to renew old friendships and make new ones.

Signed up some new members. A lot of progress being made on those Durant & Star projects out there.

We had a good evening with many stories and tips being shared. Had a "Show and Tell" with new discoveries and new cars and project up dates. Gary had some pictures of his "New" Durant, can't wait to see it on the road. Richard shared some info on his Durant and some restoration tips including the molassas rust removal process. Ron and Gloria had their Beautiful Star entered in the car show. Ron was willing to change split rim tires with his latest tool find. Every one had pictures of their cars. We had more Durant & Star parts at our meeting than in the flea market a lot of which changed hands, and folks moved further along in their projects.

A lot of literature and dealer info was shared. Jim had an extensive amount of info on his Flint that you read about in the first news letter. He also had extensive documentation on his car.

It was good to see all the members helping each other. This Durant club is one of the best.

Met some members that I had only talked to on the phone, so it was good to meet face to face, even in the rain. It was easy to spot the members out in the flea market, just look for the Durant hats!!

Our hotel was an ideal location only about 8 miles from the flea market.

If you haven't been to an East Coast function do plan to join us for some fun and friendship with a great group of people. We are working on plans for our next meet and tour in 2006, and of course we will be back at Hershey in the fall

If you would like to join us or need more info just contact Mike or myself.

Frank ---

Frank,
Great to hear about your Show & Tell session and old parts finding new homes. If we as a group keep helping each other, we'll have more Durants and Stars back on the road.

Congrads,

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club