Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need help to adjust the clutch on my 1928 Dorant M-2 Coupe

The clutch drags when shifting. I have adjusted the three actuating arms and if they are tight it seems to help some but when they are tight the actuating fingers drag on the throwout bearing housing when the clutch pedal is up. I have tried two different bearing housings one is more or less cylindrical the other is "Pear Shaped. Both react the same way.

Re: I need help to adjust the clutch on my 1928 Dorant M-2 Coupe

I think that you have misalignement between clutch shaft and gearbox entry shaft,
Do you have the original spicer coupling with rubber ball?

I have the original coupling on a Durant Rugby 1928 M2 Touring and a correct alignement solve the problem

By
WP

Yes I do have the spicer coupler with new rubber balls. I will look closely to see that alignment is OK as you suggest. And thank you for your input. Ed

Hi Ed...

When I redid the clutch on one of my Star's I had to vary the number of flat washers between the clutch fingers and adjusting nut. This was the only way to adjust for the correct pedal action.

Hope this helps..........Frank

The Durant Motors Automobile Club