Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts on eBay

Hi folks:
There is a 1928-29 Durant grille, radiator, headlights and support bar and front bumper on eBay under Antique auto parts #4569640223
No bids as yet - starting bid $100.00
Would be a deal if you need the parts.
Gord.

Re: Parts on eBay

Thanks Gord. Not to far away from me either just up in Idaho. I got my bid in already. I especially need the bumper. Thanks for the heads up. Later Lance

Hey Lance! There is a guy that just joined our Museum and car club and has a 28 Durant 65 that has the Willys 6 radiator and grille. He said last night he would be interested in restoring the car to a true Durant. Keep us in mind if you win the bid. I won't bid aganist you on this.
Later,
Don

Hi Don. I don’t need the shell or radiator so you can have it for your friend. This shell is right for all 28 and 29 Durant’s except model 66 and 70. The headlights I always like to accumulate for our members. They are hard to come by. So we will see how it wash’s out. Lance.

Great! I talked to Harold this morning and he said he was interested in the correct parts to refit his "Johnny Cash" Durant. I'll double check the headlights to see if he has the correct ones.
Don

A "Johnny Cash" Durant, Eh

Guess that would make it a 22,23,24,25,26,27,28 Model year

Rick

Well, identifying it kinda thru me for a while. It is a Delux Coupe style with rumble seat. It has Durant hub caps and 4 bolt wire wheels, a 6 cyl GMC engine, probably a 216, and a Willys 6 radiator and shell.
Looking in the photo section I noticed a 28 touring model 65 that has the same dash gauge layout.
It is also titled as a '28 Durant model 65. It is so well put together with the wrong parts that it looks stock. I just couldn't figure a Willys 6 with a GMC engine!
Don

What was the name of that song? The one about the guy who worked at the car factory.

Wayne, it was called “One Piece At A Time”

The song tells the story of a poor auto worker who over the years pilfered Cadillac parts and built a
1949-73 Cadillac Coupe Sedan Deville, three-door.

Rick

That's it!
It's been awhile since I heard that.

Wow! It's amazing how this thread is starting to just wander around!! Could get interesting,,,,,,,,

The Durant Motors Automobile Club