Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Hearse?

Has anyone ever seen a Durant hearse? or a picture of one? I have a friend who, when he found out I own a
Durant told me his grandfather had a funeral home years ago down in West Virginia,and he had a Durant hearse. Boy, I had my hopes up, until he said everything is gone now. Even the funeral home. He said the hearse was scrapped out a long time ago. I saw him yesterday, and asked him if he has any pictures of the hearse, he said no, but his brother might have one. He will find out and hopefully I can get a copy. If I do I will send it along. Does anybody else out there have a picture of one? I would sure like to see one. Jim

Re: Durant Hearse?

Jim
I was looking through an old copy of the Durant Standard from the Jeff Gillis Days. In the August 1981 issue a Al Maffei of Santa Rosa California wanted some steel disk wheels for a 1923 Star C. Hearse. No pictures, but I wondered what ever happened to it? It would be interesting to see if it was still around in a garage somewhere.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club