Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant car prices

I am from Kansas and have found a Durant car. I think it is either an M4 or a model 40. It is in fair shape. There is little to no rust holes in the body. The front and rear bumpers, and the tire carrier are missing. The canvas top is gone. Everything is in great shape, even the wooden wheels and running boards. The inside of the car is in excellent shape. Can someone please give me an estimate on what you think the car is worth in this shape. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Re: Durant car prices

I forgot to mention that it was a 4 door coupe. Not a deluxe edition though. Sorry.

For starters go to site (manheimgold.com) and look at the values they have listed for your car, this is the Gold book or bluebook for vintage cars...They list values according to the condition of the car from fair up to show quality, you can somewhat adjust the value of your car from the data they give....Take care, Bill

I just looked over the car and found out that it is a very early model M2. It still has the Star hubcaps. I can't find any information on the Durant M2. Is it the same as the M4? Is the M2 worth more than the M4? Any help would be appreciated.

Miles,
Go into our links page and click on durantcars.com, there is a lot of helpful model info as well as some history in their catalogues...Bill

Thanks a lot for your help Bill. I tried the link for durantcars.com and found the information I needed. Thanks again for your help.

I beleve the M2 is more like the 1927 Star. I believe in 1928 they produced a few 1928 Stars, followed by the Durant M2 in April 1928 and then the M2, M4 and Model 40 in 1929. Check the serial numbers listed in the March 2003 issue of the Durant Partner.

Bob

The Durant Motors Automobile Club