Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Roadster on eBay

There is a Durant Roadster on eBay that really needs to go to a member or prospective member of the DMAC. This car does not deserve to go to a rodder. I have corresponded with the current owner for over one year. I was under the impression it was a 26 rather than a 22.
He has the car in the For Sale section of the current issue of the Durant Partner, but we left his address out of the adv. We need to do a better job of proof reading our publication.
I have a picture he sent some time ago and it looks like the rear panel (drivers side is there which could be used as a pattern for both sides) leaving only the deck lid to figure out.
I was going to buy the car, but I doubt if there is enough time left for me to finish and enjoy the the ones that I have.
The item # is: 4565996227 (Early morning and hard to see the numbers)

Yates
Founder, DMAC

Re: Durant Roadster on eBay

The contact info that was included in the original ad the printer left out is:

192? Durant A-22 Roadster, VIN #C-664, Block #33282. Missing rear body panels. Numerous spare parts. $4,500 OBO Contact: Jim Matheson, (530) 474-5733 or (530) 945-2419 or jnmatheson@aol.com.

Click on the mailbox link to the left for more pictures.
Rick

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/forsale/Matheson%20ad/

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/forsale/Matheson%20ad/

The absence of door handles on an open car would indicate that the roadster is a 1922, however the presence of cowl lights would indicate it being 1923 or later??? In one of the pictures I see 3 extra rims, providing that they are correct they are as scarse as hens teeth... Bill

Yates, you are probably right, If it were a 1922 the vaccuum tank would be mounted on the manifold rather than the firewall

The Durant Motors Automobile Club