Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pistons and compression

I have been looking for over size pistons to rebore my W5 engine. I have obtained a set supposably genuine 'Continental', but the measurement from the piston pin to the crown is 1.2 mm larger the my original.
The only marking on the piston is HX126 and appears both inside on the skirt and on the crown.
Does any body have knowldge on engine internals? What is a standard compression?
What is a maximium compression that babit bearings can handle?
Thanks Wayne down under.

Re: Pistons and compression

I rebored my W5 using standard pistons and rings from a '48 Chrysler 6. Works perfectly.
Don

Hello Wayne from Down Under...

I might suggest you contact JP Pistons in Southwest Australia, they have a good website and are very helpfull, I reciently purchased a set of pistons for an R-11 Hupmobile which they could supply in any standard oversize...If they have the pistons on the shelf they are most likely .080 oversize and they will machine them to fit the size that you bore your engine, they also sell their pistons as assemblys which include the wristpins and rings...Phone 618-8261-7222...Talk to Peter he can probably help you with your other questions... Good luck, Bill

Try EGGE in Sante Springs, CA 310-945-3419. They have the molds, rings, wrist pins and so on.

Bob

The Durant Motors Automobile Club