Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint Color

Could somebody tell me where I could get information on the colors that were availible for my 1928 Durant 65. At present it is all midnight blue I would like to change the color. There are so many nice cars on the website and I would appreciate any help with this
Thx

Re: Paint Color

Check out the Tech page and go to service bullitin 25G.

This will give you some ideas from 1929 models.

Will check in my factory bullitins to see if there is any information for your car.

Hope this helps

Frank ---

Thanks Frank
I looked in the Bulletin and I guess its a matter of me finding a color I like. I think I saw one a 2 tone blue with black fenders.I kind of like this. However I will wait for more responses to my questions before I go ahead.

Frank & Lawrence
The bulletin listed on this web site is from the Leaside Plant. It appears that because they were getting so many custom color requests which was slowing down production time that the Leaside Plant chose to pick standard colors available for their production cars, and wanted to discourage custom orders for colors. Other plants might have had different color choices. Although I haven't seen it, I understand that sometime ago someone in the club had or printed a color chart of colors available. The two colors mentioned in the bulletin can be found at the following web site: http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclim.html

and intermix number IM-1 and IM-410, which is Cooley Blue and Rolls Royce Blue, The other colors by the plant can also be found in these color charts.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club