Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hershey AACA Show October 5th thru 9th 2005 East Coast Chapter meeting

Anyone interested in attending the next East Coast Chapter meeting at Hershey, Pennsylvania October 5th through the 9th, 2005 if I can get a block of rooms? It seems the lowest price I can find for that time period is going to be around $139.00 per night gauranteed rate with a 30 day prior to show refund date. I'm trying to get an approximate number. It seems rooms are going fast, and rates run from $139 up to $250.00 with the average being around $165.00. Let me know and I'll make the calls to see what we can do. Many of the hotels are already booked well in advance.

East Coast Chapter Fall Meeting, Hershey, Pennsylvania October 5th thru 9th 2005

Dear fellow Durantonians. Today I called about 7 hotels in the Hershey PA area in an effort to get a block of rooms during the October car show. Besides being laughed at several times, I did arrange for one hotel that is about 7 miles away from the car events. It is:

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
5680 Allentown Boulevard
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Telephone 717-657-2200

I have blocked 10 rooms at the low rate of $139.00 per night. Yes that's a low rate for that time period. Most rates are from $169.00 to $245.00. The block of rooms have been set aside for the Durant Automobile club for Wednesday night October 5th, thru Sunday October 9th, 2005. Of course you don't have to reserve all 4 nights, but you can call and reserve the nights that you want. When you call the hotel to make reservations mention that your with the Durant Automobile Club for that special rate.
This rate is good until 08/01/2005 after that the reservations will be on a space available basis only. I would suggest that if you think you might be going to attend, that you call now and book your room so we can get an accurate count of how many will be attending, just in case we need more rooms. The sooner I find out the better chance I have of getting them. You can cancel later if your schedule changes.
We will post more information on the Fall meeting later.

Re: Hershey AACA Show October 5th thru 9th 2005 East Coast Chapter meeting

Mike,

Keep up the great work.... Hope we have a big turnout for the worlds largest meet.

Yates

Great News! I have negotiated a better rate at the hotel. The new price is down to $130.00 per night for the 4 nights. Most hotels quote you one price from Monday through Friday and a higher rate for Saturday and Sunday, but I obtained the $130.00 rate for all 4 nights. Make them reservations as soon as you can!

Don't forget to book as soon as possible so you will be assured a room. This East Coast meet is also open to any DMAC member who wants to attend probably the best Antique auto show and swap meet in the East Coast. So you Middle and Western US members feel free to take advantage of the room rate and show. Although highly welcomed you can come without your cars and do that shopping for that one part you can't seem to find. In the evening in the lobby will be lots of Durant talk, and on Friday night a meeting. Hope to see you there!

Don't forget to make your reservations and plans for the next meeting of the DMAC East Coast Chapter at Hershey. Call the hotel listed today and reserve your rooms at the special rate. Sounds like it's going to be a great get together and a great place to find that special part you've been looking for.

I was a bit disappointed when I checked with the hotel today and found out that only 3 rooms have been reserved so far for the upcoming 2nd East Coast Chapter Meeting. We still have 7 rooms available for us to reserve at the negotiated price. If you still would like to attend, or even think you might be able to attend, then please make your reservations as soon as possible. They can be cancelled if you can not make it. You don't have to come for all the days, just reserve for the days you want to attend. Remember the meeting will be on Friday night. The price negotiated is really good for that area during that event, with most rooms going for $165.00 and up a night.

Only 3 weeks away from the next meeting of the East Coast Chapter at Hershey Pennsylvania. Frank Witkowski and I will be arriving on Wednesday evening at the Holiday Inn Express listed in this posting. Feel free to come by in the lobby area in the evening to chat and talk Durant. We will be having a chapter meeting on Friday night at the hotel. Time will be announced later. We look forward to seeing as many of you that can make it. I believe there is still some rooms available according to the hotel.

Mike,

I don't know if you need numbers for the Friday night meeting, I'll be attending the meeting but I'm not staying at the Holiday Inn. Will you be posting the meeting time etc?

I'm guessing that us Canucks can get into the meeting ...

Ron

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/durantstuff.htm

Ron
The time has not been announced yet, I will talk to Frank W. and post the time of the meeting here on the web forum

The Durant Motors Automobile Club