Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Release

HEMMING MOTOR NEWS has asked me for a press release, so they can do a write-up on my car badge business.

Of course, I had someone (my sister) write one for me and submit the release.

Please watch for the write-up in the next issue. Here is a copy of what she submitted.

Arnie Brown

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Ms. Norma F. Swanson
Window To The World Inc.
Phone: 301-371-4767
Fax: 425-669-4295
norma@adelphia.net

73, And The Wheels Are Still Turning

Had you asked Arnie Brown, age 73, of Frederick, Maryland ten years ago what he thought he would be doing in 2005, he would probably have said, “I'll most likely be traveling around the country shooting trap and skeet.”

Instead, he is shooting all right but this time he’s shooting car badges to car clubs all over the planet.

After a successful career as a professional musician, then a real estate broker, his retirement plans changed drastically. “I have always been fascinated by beautiful cars and automobilia”, he said. “I like car badges and the idea that a car badge is a good way to dress up your car and show pride in your club membership at the same time.”

“This business, which I started at age 72, brings me into contact with fellow car enthusiast from across the globe. I provide my clients with beautiful custom made car badges made from an emailed copy of their logo or design.”

HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS web site Car Club page has 9,696 car clubs listed. Every car club that had an email address got an email from Arnie……It evidently worked!

Arnie Brown’s car badge business is booming and his web site www.arniebrown.com has climbed in popularity to page one on Google Yahoo and MSN.

###

- END -

"Car Badges"
http://www.arniebrown.com

Where Are You From? www.arniebrown.com

Re: Press Release

Had a chance to visit the mentioned site. Badges look very nice and affordable. I think that many Durant Club members would like to have one of those, proudly located in the front of our cars.

Ricardo

I agree with Ricardo.
Well!!! Lance or Larry or Frank who will organize a presale of specific items such as Rad Badges--Cuff links/tie bars--or other possible items such as the small badges on a nut and bolt that Jeff Gilles used to have. If part of the money paid for the items and another part went to the organizer then part three could go to the national or local chapter.
NO-- I CAN NOT DO THIS!!! Just wishing

Come on Jack. W all got to pitch in and help. I agree. They are high quality and very reasonability priced. A lot of people actually need a good quality new radiator emblem for their car. Lets get after this project. We can sell them on our website store and our magazine store as 75% of our members don’t have a computer. So who will start doing something about this? Lets all support our club with some efforts and continue the great success story here. I’ll take four 1930 radiator emblems right now and about dozen license plate club logo placards. Lance

Hi All....

Good idea Jack. If the Club doesn't want to take this on I will do it. I think it is a good idea and most members would want to be identified as belonging.

Let me know what you think!

Frank ---

YES FRANK YES !!!!

We love a volunteer & by the way--THANKS

Frank:

I have a lot of exposure in Buenos Aires area with my Ruby, participating in many events and telling people about Durant. Would like to show a nice Durant badge in my front, as I register belonging to Durant Club.

Any progress about the club badge? Is there already a design? Do you need any help?

I tried to contact you by mail but something is failing.

Best regards

Ricardo

The Durant Motors Automobile Club