Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1929 Durant 3 Window Coupe Street Rod

Has anyone ever heard of a 29 Durant Street Rod?Is it the only one in existance??

Re: 1929 Durant 3 Window Coupe Street Rod

Yes, a fellow [I have since lost his name] came by my house here in Redwood City about eight years ago. He was a member of NHRA and also, I believe, for a short period, the Durant club. He had a Model 60 sedan with a 350 Chevrolet in it. The car looked stock from a distance. Of course there were major changes such as front axle, running gear, hydralic brakes and frame modifications. His main problem was the exhaust headers were too close to the hood and the heat was causing the paint to blister.

I have a 3 window coupe ..what model was that??29 that is

Sam Caudle of Independence, Missouri has a street rod made from a 1930 Sedan, Model 614. He was written up in one of the old Durant Standards with a picture of his car. Sam attended the meet in Fremont, Nebraska in 1993 but did not bring the car.
I am sure that there are others out there that have rodded Durants.

I've seen a coupe of rodded Durants, one a Star and the other a 30's era Durant.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club