Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rotating distributor

A recurrent problem have been disturbing my now regular rides. May be that somebody experienced a similar problem and can give me an advise.
The problem is that the distributor of my 1928 M2 suddenly gets loose and retards the ignition. I found that in there, are two clamps that fix the distributor body, the lower looks as if has been designed to fix the distributor and should be used when removing it only. The upper looks like if it has been designed to advance or retard the ignition. What is happening is that the distributor gets loose in the lower clamp, even adjusted several times, but with the alert of not too much, as may break the body. Finally and temporarily, solved the problem tying the distributor with a wire to avoid rotation and it works.

Does somebody know a practical and safe way to avoid mentioned rotation? I do not want to invent a solution modifying original design.

Re: Rotating distributor

Ricardo, Will look at mine today, as it is the same as yours. I am sure you are lubricating both ports on distributor, shaft and base. Will e-mail you back directly. Goyo

Re: Rotating distributor

Problem solved. Thanks Gregg

The Durant Motors Automobile Club