Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch bearing model 60

Hi Durant Guys,

Can any one tell me where to get a new thurst bearing for the clutch? I have a machine shop looking for one, but they are having a hard time finding it. This is for a 1929 Model 60.

Also can you tell me if the front springs from a Model 40 will work on a Model 60?

Thanks guys, I don't how I would ever get this project complete without your help.

Leonard

Re: Clutch bearing model 60

Hi Leonard........

I'll bring a new throw out bearing to Lancaster next week end.

Check the parts book to see if the springs will interchange.

Any thing else you want me to bring to Lancaster?

Frank ---

Thanks Frank,

Please bring the bearing along to Lancaster.

I have both springs (Model 40 and 60) they are the same except the Model 60 has little more bow/curve in it. But my Model 60 has many non-original parts, so I thought maybe these are not the original springs. My Model 40 springs are in much better shape and I would like to use them if they work. Leonard

Hi Leonard.....

Check page 11 of the parts book. It shows different part numbers for the model 40 and 60 springs.

Looks like all of the 4 cyl cars used one number and the 6 cyl cars a different one.

Are the number of leaves the same, because it shows a different center bolt for the 4 & 6 cyl.

I have a model 40 as well as a couple 60's will have to get up to the barn and look.

Will bring bearing to meet, see you there...........

Frank ---

The Durant Motors Automobile Club