Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some doubts about Touring M2 1928

I'm restoring a Rugby M2 touring 1928 (I suppose because it ,unfortunately is without body plate)
you can see it in http://www.durantcars.com/registry/rugby/Rugby28NoID01/Rugby28NoID01.shtml as it was before to start the restoration process, now is ready to go to paint shop

1) the original radiator shell of the M2 car is without the caracteristic horizontal an vertical bars , and there are no remains of them , and it has the word "RUGBY" in aluminium letters tied with tiny copper wires to radiator front face

Question A : Is possible that some cars of this model where builted as described above ?
Qestion B : Somebody has details of bolting the bottom part of radiator? Resting on rubber pads? Bolted with exagonal nuts and springs ? Others?

2) My car has friction shock absorber branded "Hartford shock absorber" Type 106 Edward V. Hartford Inc. Jersey City N. J. U.S.A. with wood wearing pads
Question: somebody knows if where original standard equipment o aditional ? I have picture to send if you wish them

3) somebody knows stándard dimention of Master blade of front Spring , curvature radius etc. because i have some alignemts problems to solve, maybe for a bad reparation done in the past

Thank in advance

Re: Some doubts about Touring M2 1928

Walter,

I'm no expert, but it's my understanding that the 1929 Model 63 had the type of radiator shell you describe. Someone my have removed the crossed bars at some point in the past.

Rick

In section Photograps - Rugby - - 1928 Durant Rugby Owned by Jaime Martinez Florida, USA writes textually "Only sixteen models of this vehicle were ever produced. They were exported out of the country in 1927 under the model name Rugby, or, what used to be called the "Durant Star". This vehicle made its way back to the USA via Argentina"

My car is very similar to these car , except by the horizontal and verticals bars , somebody knows the model body plate of Jaime Martinez car??
Way he say that " only sixteen" ??

thank again

Walter,

If your Rugby has a 107 inches (272 CM) wheelbase, I'd guess it to be a 1928 M2 with Deluxe wheels. In that case, it should have the radiator shell with crossed bars. The production total of 16 was supplied by Mr. Martinez, I don't know the source of that figure.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club