Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
619 Wire Wheel

Hi All

Anyone have an extra wire wheel for my 1931, 619 sedan?

What manufacture did Durant use for these wheels?

Are these wheels used on any other cars?

Thanks ......Frank ----

Re: 619 Wire Wheel

Frank:
Hey, did I know you had a 619?
619 owners are a pretty small sub-club.
If you can send me a picture of your wheel, I see if I have a match. I have some extras I got in a load of stuff I purchased from Frank Johnson. I think I have 2 shapes as far as the form of the hub. Is it a 6" hubcap hole? I'll have to see the picture and then dig mine out. They are stored at my acreage and I don't get over there real often. I never heard of these wheels on any other car because hubcaps seem to be non-existant in this size. Wish I could find the hubcaps without going to the modern repros ($).
Need a frame or pieces? I have an extra that I really do not need. It's just sitting there in the trees on blocks waiting for the sun and rain to rust it away.
Wayne

Re: 619 Wire Wheel

Hi Wayne.........

Thanks for the reply, just picked this car up last Saturday. Still in the trailer,will get it out this week end and send you some pictures. Got 4 wheels with it and 3 good hub caps. It's a 4 dr sedan, that is fairly complete.

Nice car for being from this snow and salt area, been in the same family for over 40 years, doesn't look like it spent much time out side.

Some day I may get it to look as nice as yours!

Thanks..Frank

The Durant Motors Automobile Club