Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spring pad/bumpers

I now have the NOS spring pad/bumpers and will be contacting directly all those who have already placed orders.
Front pads are $11.00/pair and rear are $12.00/pair. Let me know your needs while I still have stock available.

Re: spring pad/bumpers

Mac, will these fit 24 25 F Star? If so I need a frt & rear set. Glenn

Sorry, Glenn, but the parts book gives the front pad as part #22341 which is for Models M, M2, M4, 40, R, 55, and 60. The rear pad is part #23237 which is for models M2, M4, 40, and R.

If anyone thinks the NOS pads I have for sale might be altered to fit other models, I would be happy to ear about it.
Mac

Mac----If the spring pads will fit my 1932 Durant614 I could use a set. How about bringing them to the meeting at Frank Pringlemeir's re the July 1st weekend which I think is in May.

Jack
I will bring some to Frankie's for you to see.
Thanks for enquiring. Gord Curl saw these NOS spring bumpers and thought they looked really good!

Mac

Mac, could you send me a picture of the NOS spring pad/bumpers Front and rear , because i'm restoring a Rugby M2 1928 and a M4 1929 and i'm not be sure where it fit
Thanks and Best regards
regards

Hi Mac. Got my box of rubber bump pads. Boy they really look nice. The square ones fit right on the 27 Star “R” car, my 29 Durant model 6-66 and on both 30 Durant 614 coupes the standard and the deluxe perfectly. The 1931 Durant 4 door has the same size base but a higher profile one. I’m going to use yours anyway. They look so nice. I actually can’t even imagine the frame being able to come down that far to hit that baby. The leaf springs are so stiff and big. Oh well they sure look nice plus a lot of them are missing on these cars. None of these cars except the deluxe 30 rumble seat coupe 614 has any rear ones or even a hole for anything! The 30 Deluxe coupe 614 has a fairly big bolted on square one up on the frame! Oh well. Thank you so much for all you efforts Mac. You’re a good one. Later Lance

Thanks for your kind words, Lance. I am pleased to be able to give some assistance to my fellow Club members.

Walter, I have emailed you directly and hope pictures will help you. Certainly, the parts book shows that M2's did use these bumpers on front and rear.

Thanks to all for their interest.
Mac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club