Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NJ Durant Plant Closing

Today I received an email from Don Annarella, Plant Engineer for Interbake Foods in Elizabeth, NJ. I am posting below the information that was included in that email:

"We have some sad news to pass on. Interbake has sold the old Durant building and will be moving out sometime during the summer of next year.

The new owners have plans to knock down buildings 4, 5, and 8. The buildings along Newark Avenue, buildings 2 and 3, will be preserved and will probably be converted to retail on the first floor and condominiums on the upper floors.

It seems that your car show last year was well timed."

For those of you that attended the DMAC Meeting in NJ in September 2004 will now have but memories of that facility once the buildings are demolished.

Don's last comment cannot be taken lightly, it was well timed.

Peg made the comment to me when I advised her that the buildings were going to be raised "Billy was looking after us!"

How true.

Sorry that I am the bearer of the bad news, and I am sorry to hear that the building will be no longer.

Charlie

The Durant Motors Automobile Club