Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two New Technical Contributions

I've just finished posting two new technical contributions thanks to Dave Schulte and Phil Peters. Both can be found on the Tech page under Modern Improvements.

Dave sent pictures and part numbers showing how he updated the seals on his steering sector, while Phil explained how he installed modern tube shocks on his 1929 model 60.

Rick

Re: Two New Technical Contributions

It is not clear what brand, Model or year was depicted on the steering column modification. To which brand, model and year does this apply ?

There were great pictures and a good discription of the process, but, it was not clear, at least to me, to what car this pertained.

The steering sector shown is from a Model 63 Durant and should apply to most if not all 29 Durants.

Dave Schulte

Dave thank you so much sharing your great upgrade on sealing up our old steering boxes. That sure looks good to me. Most of these cars steering boxes just let the grease squeeze out everywhere when we try and grease gun them. I will be getting these seals you recommend as most all these 28 and 29 steering boxes I’ve worked with are the same. Thanks again. Sure is nice of you members to help the rest of us with your great finds of upgrades. Thankfully. Lance

I've now added the model info to the steering sector page.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club