Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Model 60 Radiator problems

I just got a call from the local Radiator shop. They told me my Model 60 Durant radiator should be replaced. The cost they gave me is $2,600. Wow, is that really how expensive they are?

What do you other Durant owners do about replacing radiators? I would like to keep it original looking. The radiator shop talked about a dummy honeycomb. Using the dummy would still cost $1,600.
Thanks for your help!

Re: Model 60 Radiator problems

Walter Graham of Graham Bros. Rad Service in Toronto, ON (416-787-6105) will build a new tube core with a thin layer of original honeycomb on the front for around $800 to $900 CAD.

Gregg Wellner had his radiator rebuilt by a shop in the Chicago area.

Leonard. I just had a 27 / 28 Star model “R” car radiator redone with a nice new straight tube core and I had them cut about 5/8ths of a inch off the old honey comb core and solder it on the front for looks and it works and looks great. Total cost $650.00. I will be glad to have my shop do one for you "Cals Radiator" here in San Diego. Just ship your radiator here to me. Later Lance
Lance Haynes President Durant Motors Automobile Club
4672 Mt. Gaywas Dr.
San Diego, Ca. 92117
Phone 858-560-5737
Fax. 858-560-9146
E-mail: lancedurant@san.rr.com

The Durant Motors Automobile Club